Methi Thepla is basically a Gujrati cusine or a gujarati snack which can be eaten in breakfast as well as for lunch and which is very easy to make as well as healthy and tasty. It is a type of cusine which one can take with themselves during travelling as it can last long as they have good shelflife. Thepla is a wholesome meal which tastes delicious with pickle
Methi TheplaPrint This
- • 2 cups wheat flour / atta,
- • ¼ cup besan / gram flour,
- • ½ tsp kashmiri chili powder,
- • 1 tsp sesame seeds / til,
- • ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi,
- • ½ tsp carom seeds / ajwain,
- • 1 green chili, chopped,
- • salt to flavor,
- • 1 inch ginger, grated,
- • 1 cup methi leaves, finely chopped,
- • ½ cup curd / yogurt, sour,
- • water as required, to knead dough,
- • Oil/ghee, for roasting.
- First off all, take a large bowl to knead the Methi Thepla dough.
- In that bowl add wheat flour, besan
- Also add chili powder, turmeric, sesame seeds, carom seeds and salt into it.
- You can also, add green chili and ginger.(according to your choice)
- Now add finely chopped methi leaves in the above bowl.
- Make sure that all the spices are mixed well.
- Further, add half cup of curd and combine the dough well.
- Now add water and knead good and soft dough like we do for chapati
- Keep the kneaded dough aside for 5-10 minutes. So, that the dough gets more soft and fluffy.
- Now knead the Methi Thepla dough for 5 more minutes.
- Take small balls of dough, roll and flatten it into paratha as we do for chapati.
- Now, place the rolled thepla or paratha on a medium hot tawa, for roasting
- When oneside is partly cooked then turn the methi thepla to cook it from other side
- Brush both sides with oil or ghee.
- Finally, thepla is ready to serve hot with pickle.
• Knead the dough well and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes. • If you want to make theplas for travelling and want to store it for 2-3 days. • Use little bit of extra oil while frying it. • You can also add ghee between 2theplas after frying so as it can stay soft. • Do not use dry flour more than 2 times while rolling the thepla