Til Ladoo is the attraction of this festive called makar sankranti. First festive is ready to arrive which is Makar Sankranti. Which is why I thought of sharing this healthy and delicious Til Ladoo recipe with all you guys. In Maharashtra makar sankrant is a festival of sharing sweets. i.e sweets made of sesame and jaggery called as til Ladoo. Here, in Maharshtra we share this Til ladoo sweets saying “til gul ghya godd godd bola”. Which means take til gul and speak softly and sweetly. This is a healthy recipe which is mostly eaten in winter and made out of easy and simple ingridents. So, try making this easy and simple Til Ladoo recipe and love sharing it!!!
Til LadooPrint This
- • 1 tsp ghee
- • 1 cup sesame seeds (Til)
- • 1 cup jaggery/gudd (Sticky/chikki gudd)
- • ½ cup water
- • ¼ cup roasted and crushed peanuts (groundnut/mungphali)
- • ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Take a nonstick pan and heat it.
- Add til or sesame seeds to this nonstick pan and roast it.
- Roast sesame seeds on low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Continously, keep roasting the seeds until they popup and change color.
- Remove roasted sesame seeds in a plate.
- Take peanuts and roast till crunchy.
- Allow peanuts to cool and remove covering and crush the peanuts.
Jaggery syrup for Til Ladoo:
- In the same nonstick pan, add 2-3 tsp of water and grated jaggery.
- Mix and cook jaggery well on low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Cook till the jaggery dissolves and let the mixture (water and jaggery) simmer.
- Stir jaggery continuously for making good Til Ladoo.
- To check if the syrup is done in a small bowl take water and put little amount of syrup in it.
- If syrup gets sticky and forms ball then syrup is done, remove it from flame.
Til Ladoo making:
- Add crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cardamom powder in jaggery syrup
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the above mixture in a greased vessal, and allow it to cool for 1 minutes.
- Wet your palms so that you can roll the Til Ladoo properly.
- Take small amount of mixture and roll small balls in round shape.
- Repeat the above step with all the remaining mixture.
- Allow the Til Ladoos to cool.
- After cooling store it in air tight container.
• Take equal amount of jaggery and sesame seeds. • Instead of water you can also use ghee to grease palms. • Don’t cool the mixture completely or else ladoos will not be formed. • You can also add roasted and desiccated coconut.