Veg-pulav recipe/Vegetable pulav in pressure cooker recipe with simple steps. Pulav recipes have always been my savior during the busy mornings. A very simple rice recipe, yet it has to offer a box full of taste. There are so many different types of pulao recipes, and the basic one is made with mixed vegetables named as Veg-pulav. But the pulav can also be made using any one vegetable or it can also be made with eggs or even chicken. This Veg-pulav recipe is very easy to make and it can be served alone without any side dishes. It is one of the most commenly used menu in parties or for celebrations which is served with raita
Veg pulavPrint This
- • 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- • 10 cashews, half
- • ¾ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- • 1 cup basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes
- • ½ cup milk
- • 2 cups water
- • salt to taste
- • 20 black pepper
- • 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- • 5 cloves
- • 2 cardamom / elachi
- • 1 inch cinnamon stick
- • 1 star anis
- • ½ onion, finely chopped
- • 2 green chillis, slit lengthwise
- • 1 carrot, chopped
- • 5 beans, chopped
- • ¼ cup cauliflower florets
- • ¼ cup peas, fresh / frozen
Instructions (1 cup =255 ml)
- First of all to make Veg pulao take cooker and add ghee in it.
- Further, add all spices & also add cashews. Now fry the cashews on medium flame till golden brown.
- Afterthat, add finely chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, slit green chillis and saute till the raw aroma is gone.
- Now, add all vegetables of your choice and saute them for couple of minutes.
- Then add basmati rice soaked in water for 30 minutes and saute the rice for Veg pulao gently for a minute without breaking rice grains.
- Then add half cup of milk, 2 cups of water and salt as required and give a final mix.
- Further, pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Now allow the pressure of the cooker to release by itself.
- And Finally, serve the Veg pulao with your favroite raita.
• You can add little bit of ghee so that rice does not get sticky.